- 16 March – 20 March , 2020
- 02 November – 06 November 2020
Highly recommended to gynaecologists, registrars and oncology specialists with a major interest in hysterectomy, myomectomy and adnexal surgery
This master class is designed to help participants obtain detailed knowledge of pelvic anatomy and surgical skills required for laparoscopic myomectomy, adnexal surgery, and techniques for laparoscopic hysterectomy.
At the end of the course, participants should have a good understand of:
- Detailed pelvic anatomy
- Dissection skills bladder, ureteric, vascular dissection
- Specimen retrieval and morcellation workshop
- Principles and techniques of laparoscopic hysterectomy LAVH, laparoscopic subtotal and total hysterectomy.
- Principles and techniques of laparoscopic myomectomy
- Principles and techniques of specimen retrieval and fibroid morcellation
- Principles and techniques of laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy, oophorectomy
- Principles and techniques of removal of entrapped ovary
- Suturing workshop vessel ligation, vault closure, visceral repair
RANZCOG Continuing Professional Development Meeting Points will be applied for this Master Class.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance showing the registrant’s name, workshop titles and dates and the number of points it was approved for.
- Pre and post-course assessments
- Suturing workshop conducted at the Sydney Clinical Skills& Simulation Centre
- Experimental live surgery
- To practise suturing skills on live tissue
- To learn bladder and ureteric dissection skills required for hysterectomy and adnexal surgery
- To learn the surgical principles of ureteric dissection required for pelvic sidewall and POD endometriosis
- To learn to manage vascular and visceral injuries which may occur during laparoscopic surgery
- Live theatre demonstration
- To learn the surgical principles of laparoscopic hysterectomy
- To learn the surgical principles of laparoscopic myomectomy and specimen retrieval
- To learn the essential principles of adnexal surgery
- Case presentation and discussion
- Course evaluation, feedback and follow-up