Over the last decade, major advances in instrumentation, technology and surgical skills have led to improvements in the diagnosis and treatment of most gynaecological conditions.
Laparoscopic surgery , frequently referred to as key-hole surgery, is arguably one of these most significant surgical advances delivering the benefits of:
- small incisions
- reduced post-operative pain
- quicker recovery
- earlier resumption of normal activities
- reduced risk of adhesion formation when compared to open surgery.
In experienced hands, laparoscopic surgery is a safe alternative to open surgery suitable for the treatment of most gynaecological conditions.
Hysteroscopic surgery is used for:
- removal of endometrial polyps
- submucosal fibroids
- congenital uterine septum
- endometrial ablation